Whether you’re considering selling Silicon Valley property or just want to keep your Silicon Valley real estate in tip-top condition, we’ve got some handy tips for you. Save money and keep your home and yard looking great.
1. Fix leaking faucets. If potential buyers are touring your home, a leaky faucet is a turn-off. For homeowners, dripping faucets can add up to high water bills fast. It’s often an easy repair to get rid of a leak. Or take the opportunity to upgrade with a new faucet.
2. Speaking of water, make sure your sprinklers are working properly. They should be aimed so they’re watering plants, not the sidewalk. You should also make sure there are no broken sprinkler heads.
Focus on Energy Efficiency for Your Silicon Valley Real Estate
3. Replace conventional light bulbs with energy efficient models. Both CFLs and LED bulbs use significantly less energy. LED bulbs are the most efficient type. They are usually more costly upfront, but they pay off in the long run. Commit to replacing incandescents as they burn out with either CFLs or LEDs.
4. Make sure you have the right size air filters and change them regularly. The right air filter will help your HVAC system to last longer and work more efficiently. Filters should usually be changed every couple of months. Additionally, make sure your air vents are adjusted properly. Don’t crank the air conditioning up just because one room is hot. It might have the vent aimed in the wrong direction. These simple steps can save a lot of money on heating and cooling your Silicon Valley property.
5. Fix small roof problems while they’re still small. Replace broken or curled shingles. Inspect your roof or have a professional do an inspection regularly to catch problems while they’re still affordable to fix.
Regular maintenance is pretty easy to do and will keep your home in great shape for years to come.